Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Van the Adventure Man

Warming Up The Pecs Before Paddling Out

Here is a smattering of samples of my recent exposure to Mom and Dad's favorite thing in life: the art of adventure.




Playground Day 1






After having a quick pep talk from coach, and getting strapped in, we warmed up and peeled the sweaters off. By day 2 I was a high flying daredevil.





After only a minor fat lip and a lot of determination, I have mastered both sets of stairs in my house. My mom doesn't get much done anymore, except for making sure I don't fall from great heights. (She's not very good at it yet, yesterday I dove head first over the piano bench she had put on its side at the bottom of the stairs. Ouch.)

11 comments:

Aimee said...

Van and I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting. My loss he is adorable

MARTHA said...

Good luck keeping track of that guy.

Teri said...

I love him.

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, he is SO SO CUTE! Ned and I love his eyes too!

We have Asher's pic in his Hurley shirt as well...I will have to post them together in their Hurley sweatshirts. :)

Anonymous said...

Van is on the move! There's no stopping him now!

Sydney said...

Are you sure that's a push-up or is he doing plank in yoga? Either way he's looking fine!

Shiloh said...

if you didn't have your hands full before, you do now.

Dad Risser said...

Susanna, I don't know what you were like as a baby, it may come from both sides, but he definitley has his dad's drive to push limits and test himself. Welcome to the ever changing, ever challanging world of the toddler. Time to really baby-proof the place.The fun has just begun; Bwaa haa haa haaa! (Evil, knowing laugh)

gk risser said...

After two attempts with a spotter he can now perform the climb completely on his own, and does so any chance he gets. First ascent: "The Staircase". I couldn't be more proud.

Eddie said...

I love the new pics of Van! He is so cute. And those eyes of his, he is going to have a lot of girls falling for him!

Derek Bitter, M.A. said...

that last step is a big one. i think i almost fell down it a couple times. but i bet i can do more push-ups than him.