Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

My plan for easter went like this:

*easter program

*lunch after church

*take family pictures

We did Easter Baskets on Saturday just to make sure there was time for the important stuff on Sunday.
Because we live in New York, the Easter Bunny brought GK's and my baskets in "to go" containers. Good thinking.
*easter program- check

The kids sang "Jesus is Risen" complete with sign language. And "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" (which all the kids call "Whenever I hear the song of a bird") They sounded like angels as always, and I even got a few compliments on my finger puppets.


*lunch after church- check

Our church always puts on a community program and lunch for Christmas and Easter. This one was, as always, a success.

*family pictures- no check

Darn! Why is it so hard to snap a silly little picture when we are all looking so cute? Maybe because by the time church is over and the lunch is over Van (and GK and I) are dying for a nap. I always tell myself that before church is the time to do it. Well, some day I guess.

For now I'll just have to be happy with pictures like this:
It's the best you can do sometimes when your child never stops moving even for a split second.

But just so I wouldn't repeat the tragic mistake of only one blurry camera phone picture of his amazing Halloween Costume...

Yesterday I dressed him up again in his sailor suit from Mimi and after a few of these:





Got this:

Happy belated Easter! from one happy little sailor.

8 comments:

krissiecook said...

Finger puppets?! I feel like the most slacker Primary chorister ever. My kids are lucky if I manage to put some pictures in a binder for them.

CYNDI said...

He is such a cute sailor! I love those pictures and you are so beautiful even with a blurry baby! :)
Great Easter baskets, too!

seven smiles said...

Oh he's SO cute!
We are the same way on Sunday: after dinner/lunch, if it didn't already happen, it ain't happening.
(I just realized I'm not really sure how to spell "aint" exactly, because I really NEVER say that. It just seemed to fit there...)
And I love your shoes.
:)

Sydney said...

I like how Reggie is straightening the sleeves. What a helpful puppy. Great snaps!

Heather Bankhead said...

i love how you can tell that he is moving by the blur in every picture. miss you!

McKelle said...

Sounds like you had a great easter. The easter bunny sure brought you some cute shoes! Lucky! Van is super cute...and at least you got some cute pictures of him. Did you see our Easter picture on my blog? Awesome!!!

MARTHA said...

Happy Easter too!
I love the pictures!
And, I'm all about the finger puppets. You're so creative.

Rebecca Lang said...

I had the same problem getting Deston to hold still. Your persistence was well worth it! Love the sailor outfit. Call us when you have some time to hang. Maybe when the semester is over and GK's capstone isn't hanging over his head!