Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Mastermind

GK is always thinking about how to maximize the use of his time. His mind is always full of story ideas, solutions for problems he's facing with his current big project (thesis), details of the upcoming transition from student to working man.

He is also very physical. All of these thoughts prevent productivity during the day and sleep (for both of us) at night if he doesn't get some exercise. Preferably surfing or climbing, GK needs to do something every day to wear him out so he can focus.

If he can't surf or climb, he generally chooses some form of exercise that will lead to more effective/enjoyable surfing or climbing in the future.

Last week he came home complaining that his legs were sore. Then he said, "It's probably because of these ankle weights I've been wearing around town all day."

"What!? You walked around New York City all day with ankle weights on?" I asked.

Yes, he did. If he's got to be moving, better make the most of it.


The next day after getting his books together and his lunch made, he grabbed his finger stregthener grippy thing and started strapping the weights together like this: When I graduated from Grad School and he looked like this:
People said he looked like the unibomber. Well, just look at him now. Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose.



11 comments:

Amberly said...

let's give him props for not being a, lazy and b, boring!

seven smiles said...

Oh my
that's good.

(GK- I'm the same way with exercise. If I can't do something, anything!--It drives me crazy.
And my family.)

Shiloh said...

i heart you guys

Dad Risser said...

I'm amazed he doesn't get stopped on the subway or something like that.

gk risser said...

"Mastermind" "future" "unibomber" "desperate" "New York City"...

I am pretty sure the FBI has officially flagged this blog.

And for the record, he has been stopped on the subway.

Teri said...

Oh GK. (She sighs lovingly).

Susanna said...

Oh GK, don't be so paranoid.

annie said...

i miss you guys. let's remedy that.

Derek Bitter, M.A. said...

the ankle weights were my idea.

Aimee said...

Why not get one of those ab things that shocks your stomach into working out. I hear they are EXHAUSTING

Jamie said...

This made me laugh so hard. Maybe I'll start strapping ankleweights to Adam.