Monday, June 30, 2008

Bottoms Up! (Pictures coming soon)

With the recent success of GK's "I'm turning into a dad" post, I've been trying to figure out what I could possibly write that would be as funny, interesting, awkward etc.

Well, no luck. I don't think there is anything I could post that would equal it. So here's just a little update on the mommy front.

Based on the regular bulges appearing on my belly... one large pointy bottom looking one in the middle and one slightly less large round one on the right side, I had guessed that our little guy was chilling in a transverse position and not yet ready to flip into position.

I was wrong! To our delight the doctor confirmed on Thursday that that large pointy middle one is indeed his rump (which he seems extremely proud of based on the amount of time he spends poking it out... he gets that from his daddy... see previous post), but the one on the side is his foot and his head is already down. Wahoo! Looks like our little surfer will be a right footer.

So with 23 days to go (unless he decides to take after his mama and come two weeks late), we're in pretty good shape.

8 comments:

McKelle said...

I love being able to see the baby move. It was so weird! You were two weeks late?!? That's not a good idea. Can't wait for this baby to come!

gk risser said...

Susanna's always late. In fact, she still has a paper due in the sixth grade.

MARTHA said...

Love keeping up on your doings in NY. Hope all goes well with the coming delivery.

Sufoot said...

Happiness! Oh, hurry up and come meet the world, cute little Risser boy!

Diane said...

How exciting!! Can you believe he's coming so soon? Can't wait to see the ultrasounds pics.

Amberly said...

Good luck these next few weeks. I always want my babies to come early, I guess I get anxious. I'm sure your little guy will arrive when he's ready to greet the world... has your brooklyn pad made room for him??

Lashley said...

Hey kids!

I can't believe you're going to have a whole new person around SO soon! I hope to be at Elizabeth's big day and hopefully get to see your newly enlarged family as well :)

Anonymous said...

I remember sitting in church one day (very pregnant with Ben) and the little kid in front of me was turned around and staring at my bulging belly. Suddenly Ben decided to shift from one side to the other. As my belly made a complete roll from left to right the kid's eyes almost popped out of his head. Totally freaked him out. (That's what you get for staring!)