Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June is busting out all over...

Or at least my belly is.

I know I have been less than stellar at posting lately. Not because nothing is happening in our lives... Au contraire mon frere! But because of my resistance to spending all day in front of the computer waiting for it to do something. Anything!

What has changed? Well, for one thing this week it's been about 100 degrees every day. That may be okay for Arizona, or Nevada, but let's just say that when you combine that heat with 100% humidity (just my own personal estimation) we are talking about the true Death Valley. Death Valley, Brooklyn.

It's so hot that Reggie doesn't want to go outside. I try to take him on walks and after about half a block, he lies down on the sidewalk in protest. I know he's small, but only a couple of weeks ago he was walking four miles at a time with me, so I know it's not the pace or the distance.

It's so hot that the police/fire men put sprinkler things on the fire hydrants and let them spray all over the streets for the kids to play in. I don't know if it's to prevent discontent or if it's to let pressure out of the water line.

It's so hot that aside from Church on Sunday, GK and I holed up in our apartment and blasted the A.C. all day. (Thank goodness for "all utilities included"!)

It's so hot that Monday morning we got our affairs in order and went to the beach. We hung out in the sun (oops! and sweat off our sunscreen. ouch!), and jumped in the ocean... sans wetsuits, and GK even caught the only decent waves all day.

But the forecast predicts that things are cooling back down. Mind you, it'll still be hot enough to need a sweat rag at all times, but at least it's not too hot to go outside.

Stay tuned for photos and stories from our epic trip to Utah, as well as the story of the 85 year old Puerto Rican man who tried to get me to cheat on my husband today. Oh, it's good to be home!

7 comments:

McKelle said...

Send some of that heat this way...it's June, it should be sunny at least!!! Seriously, so sorry again that I suck as a friend (my mother in law decided to stay an extra week, and well, things got crazy and more crazy). I can't wait to see pictures of you and your belly, and am excited that I'll get to see you and the baby in Aug.

Teri said...

We want belly pictures! Thanks for the great comments on our blog. Glad to hear that Reggie is still nursing, at least you will be ready when that little one decides to rub you raw. Good luck with that. Sorry it is so hot, I just can't imagine being that pregnant and so hot. I was miserable last summer in the non humidity. I wouldn't even let Ryan touch me, EVER. He would be so nice and put cold wash cloths on my feet and put a fan on them. I hope everything is going well!

Jennifer said...

Those latin men :) we seem to be dying of heat as well I can't take Aaron out because in 2 sec his face gets all read. I can't imagine being pregnate on top of all of that as if you aren't hot already.

Heidi said...

Well I feel your pain...I think I have doubled in size in the last week and I AM HOT (and not in the cute sense).

And next week we are camping in Zions for a week, and hiking the Narrows (so we will see how that goes). Then next month planning on doing Yosemite. So this should be interesting 6-8 months prego...

Amberly said...

I'm so glad to hear from you and about your adventures. When we first arrived in NY it was september and about as you described. I seriously thought about asking the strange taxi driver to take me right back to the airport.. who knew I had the ability to sweat so much when I wasn't exerting any energy at all?! I'm looking forward to pictures!

seven smiles said...

humidity is evil.

S. Fillmore said...

I can't imagine heat with the humidity. I've become such an Arizona girl after being here 14 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Glad to hear you are doing well. No trips to Utah for us this summer. Hopefully, we can see you before your baby turns 3. haha kind of. -Stephanie