Friday, March 7, 2008

We're back in the game

If I ever had regular readers to my silly blog, I'm sure they've all given up on me by now. But I can't really apologize for my lack of writing because GK and I took a long needed and much enjoyed trip to see his family in California.


We left on the morning of February 22 when New York got several inches of snow. It was an adventure. We took a car to the subway to the Long Island Railroad to MacArthur airport on Long Island (because we flew SWA). Once on the plane we stopped in Chicago, Las Vegas and FINALLY landed in Los Angeles. Whew! (And Reggie made the whole trip in his little bag, coming out only to go through security. What a champ!)

But once there, our trip was relaxed and wonderful. We just got to relax and enjoy 80 degree weather, and go to the beach and enjoy family. At the end of the week we went to our friend Jackie's wedding and reception... a truly wonderful occasion.



Then we were able to spend a couple of days at the Beach with my two brothers and their wonderful families. This is a picture of GK and my bro Nathan (and scantily clad Little Paul) burrying Maren... no, that's not just a pink hat in the sand, that is what is left of Maren.


All in all it was a wonderful trip and we were a little sorry to see it end. But once on the ground here and in our city we were happy to see that the weather was warm, the sun was out and the days seemed to have gotten a little longer. We felt refreshed and happy to face real life.


And I guess it helped that the morning after we got back, we had an appointment for our ultrasound... what they call here the "anatomy scan". I should let GK write about it, he describes it as sort of like winning a video game... you watch the screen, the nurse clicks and then the screen lights up with MALE! That's right... it's a boy, and we are absolutely thrilled.


That very basically brings us up to date. But we're back in reality... and got a beautiful new little camera (thanks Cherrie!) so we'll try to make our posts a little more colorful.

16 comments:

Teri said...

Yay! So exciting you guys! I almost want to cry. I just loved that feeling of knowing. Now you will really start to bond with that guy. Isabel is going to have so many little boyfriends. I'm counting on the Finlinson's to pull out a girl. Congratulations. You need to start posting photo updates now.

CYNDI said...

Yea! It's a boy! We love little boys here. I guess now you have the continue the name or not dilemna! I think ultrasounds are so exciting! I am so thrilled for you. And so glad you had a wonderful trip. We are going to CA for spring break, too!

{ a m b e r } said...

It was so good to see you. The audition was nuts! They cut all but 5 people on the first cut. So I didn't even make it to the singing part. But, I'm really proud of myself and I did a good job! I am planning to try out again next time and I will be much more prepared now! It's fun to just say that I did it though!

Brad and Chelsea said...

How fun! It's nice to have you back and we're so happy for you guys!

Amberly said...

I'm glad you're back and that you were able to log a little time in the sun! Hopefully GK got his beach fix for the next few months... and congrats on your baby news, a little boy will be so fun! Now back to the question, will there be another GK?

Sydney said...

Hey GKcubed and Susanna- congrats! Cheri and Gordon shared the text message with me... always a colorful noun with GK! Go maleness. It was great seeing you both and it did go by too fast.

Heidi said...

We just heard the news, a boy!!! How fun! We really want a boy now too, but we will see! Congrats!

Dad Risser said...

Do you dare relate GK's text announcement? It was great to have you here for a while. Can't wait till the next time. I think it will probably be for the blessing, in Brooklyn!!

Rebecca said...

Congrats you two! So Risser boy! I am so excited for you two. It was so good to see you and chat for a little bit. But before we know it we all be in California at the beach or somewhere close, raising our families, sure hope so.

Aimee said...

Huspaz!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the little boy. We love our little man. It is so funny that you can tell before you even have them that they have little personalities. I am so excited for you both

Perplexa said...

Wahoo! It only gets better! Sounds like it's pretty good now. Sure miss you.

April said...

Uncle Don thinks you should nome him Don. Congrats. Now the adventure is leaving the station and you are about to go on the most thrilling ride of your lives. LOL ( in this case it means Lot of Love)

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

It was so fun to see you guys! yay for little boys!

Kristy said...

See, you were right (mom's usually are)! We are so excited for you guys :)

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Congratulations on a boy!!! How wonderful. I'm glad you guys had such a nice time in CA with GK's family.

Glad to read about all your adventures.