Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring is here! It is so wonderful to walk through our beautiful park and see the grass becoming so green and the animals out and flowers starting to peek out of the earth.

I don't know what I love best about spring. I love longer days (tonight the sun didn't set until close to 7:30), I love daffodils, I love leaving the house with a light sweater, I love budding trees, I love the relief that the dark cold winter is over. I don't think I've ever greeted a spring with more excitement than this one.

We took Reggie walking in the park the other day. His favorite thing is to chase the birds and watch them scatter. We worried a little about letting him chase the geese because they can be down right nasty, but these ones were still green enough that our little monster scared them away. He was thrilled at the effect.
GK has loved having our new little camera. It's so handy we can take it everywhere... and he does. He takes pictures of everything. Some time soon I'll make him do a post showing you all the pictures he took at the Met. Every time he saw something he really liked, he would stop and takeabout fifteen pictures of it. We didn't get through
very much of the museum, but we had a very good time! Anyway, he seems to like to take a lot of pictures of me, which I'm sure I'll appreciate some day... or at least my kids will. He took this one at the park and when I saw it I said, "Oh my goodness, I look pregnant!" Until this week, it was pretty much my little secret, but it's out and here's proof for those of you asking.
The placement of Easter in the Spring couldn't be more perfect in my opinion. What better way to help us understand the importance of the restoration of life than to see it all around us? I'm grateful all of the forms of new life that are surrounding us at this time of year. For the earth's renewal, for this increasingly active little man in my belly, for a promise that all of these things are types to remind us of a perfect plan.

13 comments:

McKelle said...

I wish it was getting warming here. It snowed like 3 inches yesterday. What's up with that? You'll be a cute pregnant lady (congrats on the boy by the way). I however, was NOT cute. I was huge.

Teri said...

It's about time we saw a picture! I feel like we haven't see you guys in forever, we miss the Riss. You look wonderful Susanna, you are starting to poke out a bit. You will probably be one of THOSE girls that don't grow anywhere but their belly, lucky. I am glad that GK is taking lots of pictures, we expect to see lots of them.

Misty said...

You look so cute! We will be in DC April 30 through May 4th. We hope we get to see you.

Sydney said...

Living in So Cal, you get used to the relative "sameness" of the seasons. After living in Utah, I missed the seasons and their reminder of the marking of time. I also loved the bulb flowers and lilacs blooming and filling the air with scents and the scene with spectacular color. Then again, I love biking all winter! Never satisfied.

Jen and Emma said...

Oh...look how dang cute you look pregnant! So very exciting!

Genevieve said...

Susanna you look so cute!

Brad and Chelsea said...

can i just say that reading your blog is like taking a breath of fresh air...sigh...

Jennifer said...

You are a cute little mommy I'm excited for you I loved being pregnate. Then you get to play with the little bundle that gives you strech marks.

Dave and Stephanie said...

hello susanna! it's stephanie (todd) wessler and i just stumbled upon your blog. i am also one of those people addicted to blogs and i click on the links of semi strangers (from my friends' blogs) and found yours. it's been fun seeing what you are up to. congrats on the baby to come! if you want to see what is up with dave and i we have a blog daveandstephanie.blogspot.com

Amberly said...

you sound happy. I know I can't really hear you, but the way you write, you sound happy. you also look great, just a teensy bit pregnant and content to be so. I'm glad spring is finally hitting the east coast, it really is the perfect time of year there. and I also have a husband that takes so many pictures of random things I scratch my head, but appreciate that he enjoys himself!

CYNDI said...

Susanna, you look fanatstic. I am excited to see you as you get closer. Your baby is active? Isn't that the most amazing thing - to feel the life inside you? I wish we could be walking through the park with you.

Brooke said...

Ummm...did I miss the official announcement or is that yet to come? There is definately a baby in there!

Diane said...

Congratulations!!