Monday, May 9, 2011

Today

Today, I loved nothing more than being a mother. We've had busy weekends over the past several weeks. But today, we put on the brakes and just laid low.


My Jo spends hours of the day at this window waiting for people to pass by. Then she waves and smiles and smudges the screen with her drool-covered chin, and says, "Hi" or "Ha fa" (high five). It's very hard to resist falling in love with her perfect, squishy little self.
My boy is always amazing me with his tenderness. In the morning he wants to "go check on the babies" and when they come out he smiles and says, "my sisters" and kisses them on the heads. Of course then he cries when one of them takes his "Lightning Eequeen" and  proceeds to throw all of his special toys over the baby gate into the kitchen where "the babies can't get them".
My sweet bird loves her mama right now. She can't get enough cuddles and kisses. She laughs at everything... except strangers. But even in her attachment, there is a mischief lurking behind her blue eyes that makes me smile.Posted by Picasa

And this guy (the one on the right), well, the picture speaks for itself. He carries a big load around here, and I'm grateful every day.

I wouldn't be a mother without them, and wouldn't want to.

7 comments:

Teri said...

So sweet. Your girls are so adorable. Ummm, what IS with that guy on the left? Is that a loin cloth? Oh, Californians.

MARTHA said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your family is so sweet. Love reading your thoughts and experiences.

Angella said...

I love your kids. And I love you! Your family is the coolest, for sure! You're always amazing me at your ability to remain calm and carry on in every aspect of life. Thanks for being such an example of what a mother should be. You're simply awesome!

Elizabeth said...

I don't think enough was written about the guy to the left of GK. There were definitely a few details left out of this post.

Hope you had a great Mothers Day. Your kids are adorable and are getting way too big too fast. Love you.

Marie HMJ said...

I love Van's long hair! So cute. What a great mothers day too. I love it when you post. Did you get the rest of the photos from your friend's session? I thought her balloon shot was great!

Sydney said...

Excuse me, did you say something? I was distracted by the tattooed, loin cloth wearing Bo Derrick braided guy next to GK.
Seriously, I love your blog and everything you ever write, but what up with that guy?

Kristy said...

Such a sweet post!