Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Emma


Yesterday, GK gave Van a copy of this picture in a frame. He fell asleep with it tucked under his arm.

Emma's dad is GK's childhood friend. They are almost like brothers. This summer, camping at Refugio, Van and Emma really hit it off. Van would talk about her and ask to see her and hug her and kiss her. Both before and after his broken leg, Emma was so sweet right back.

Since then, Van brings up Emma and her family quite often. Sometimes out of the blue. The other day, he walked in to find GK looking at this picture and keeps asking to look at it. In fact, he's quite upset as we speak that I'm covering it to write this blog. "My Emma! My Emma!"

Maybe when they're older, we'll show them this picture and they'll be embarrassed at their early romance. Or maybe they'll hit it off in college and make their daddies brothers at last.

Until then, Vanny has his picture. And he can gaze at his Emma while he falls asleep.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marie HMJ said...

Awesome! Yeah, I totally want to compare notes with you. I'm so glad you made contact. Just last night I was combing the blogospherre for twin girl blogs with ages simmilar to mine, with limited luck. My email is johnsonmarie22 (at) gmail.com
hey, did you guys figure out that my husband, Jed, lived in the same ward as your GK for a while? Jed lived at the Brownstone with Luke and Mike Drake. Ring any bells to GK?
Anyway, I'd love to be in contact w you! Your girls are totally adorable! email me and lets thought swap. Do you know of other twin blogs that you like? I'd be interested to peek in :)
where are you guys living right now?

Dad Risser said...

That picture is a real keeper. Who knows? We're related remotely to her family by marriage now (my niece married Emma's uncle). Maybe we can make it a little closer (but not in an Appliachian way. You know, where you are your own first cousin.)