Wednesday, July 20, 2011

3

I don't know why it feels so momentous, but all day long I've wanted to shout out to everyone passing by, "My boy is three!"

Van's birthday last year consisted of Dr. visits, pain meds and cast signing parties.

 But this year was so different:



 This year started out with a homemade birthday donut.
 Followed by a birthday adventure taking the bus with Honey (GK) to see his first movie in a theater: Cars 2

Cruising around town waiting for the bus to come.


Then later, a birthday dinner date with Mama to the Farmer's Market where we listened to music, played on the slides, and got some kettle corn.


At this rate, being three is bound to be better than being two.

I have to admit that in spite of wanting to announce the significance of the day, I felt a little nostalgic today. For some reason, three seems awfully old, and my boy seems mighty tall.

That sweet blue-eyed baby is slipping through my fingers and his independent, creative, willful counterpart is claiming a spot in my heart.

10 comments:

Kayla Laird said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Van!! We love you!!!
By the way, G.K is smiling in a picture and he looks great! =)

Valerie said...

This year's birthday sounds great, but it seems that last year's birthday included In-n-Out, which makes them kind of a tie.

elizabeth said...

happy birthday vanny boy! it looks like it was the perfect day! now stop changing so much...just for a little bit

MARTHA said...

I know that feeling, my once baby boy is 33. Happy B-day Van!

Sydney said...

Happy BD Van. I think 3 is a lovely age. I'm with Kayla- nice picture of GK.

Eddie said...

Happy Birthday Van! I'm so glad he is out of his casts & hopefully he will be at least until he starts trying to skate & surf like his daddy. It was so fun to see him & all of you. We miss you!
Carline

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Van!!! We sure love you! Nyah, Sade, & Cali had so much fun playing with you in Yosemite :)

Aimee said...

Happy 3rd little man. My how time flies. I think the last time I saw him he was 3 months. Anyway...I too like the pic of GK, I like the distinguished gray in the beard.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy - time only picks up speed from here. Happy B-lated birthday to little Van.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little boy!! Happy 3rd Birthday!! :)