Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dear Utah Friends

My apologies. I'm sorry we didn't see any of you. Our trip started late when we I-80 was closed because of lots of snow.  Then once we were safely there, sweet Delia spent a few days in the hospital with RSV while Van and Josie battled it at my parents' house. Then all of the sudden, our vacation was over and we had to come back to California.

I had plans to see you, really I did. And I'm sad that it didn't happen. But I hope your Christmas was bright and wonderful.

ps. To anyone who sent me your address and didn't get a Christmas card, the last batch is still in my bag because... read above. Do you still want it? I will probably still send it, but you don't have to feel guilty about looking at it, smiling, and tossing it into the garbage. (the smile is optional of course)

I love you. Happy New Year!

7 comments:

annie said...

so sorry to hear about Delia having RSV. Alice had that last year when she was all fresh and new and it was no fun at all.
I hope she is doing ok.

McKelle said...

What a sad vacation. I thought about you. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

MARTHA said...

Hope everyone is feeling better; and by the way, I'm still smiling at your Christmas card.

Anne said...

Oh my gosh...RSV. Darn it. Not a fun Christmas time at all. Nathan was sick like that his first year and I remember just sitting up at night watching his chest go up and down to make sure he was breathing. We never went to the hospital but were great friends with breathing treatments. Hope they are all feeling better. We just keep battling ear infections at this house...ugh. Christmas card was darling.

Sydney said...

Well, I'm not a Utah person but just as concerned. I didn't hear about Delia. Hope she's better now. Boy oh boy do you kids have your plates full!!!!
oh and BTW- does Van ever take a bad picture? That kids is so darn cute and so photogenic.
Hugs all around.

The Fillmore Family said...

Thank you Susanna, that was really sweet of you. It has been so fun to keep up with your cute babies and cute Van via the blog world. We really enjoyed Andrew at the wedding. Did you see the cute picture of him dancing with Betsy? I can't remember if Jenny or Stephanie took it, probably Jenny. We'll have to make sure he gets a copy. Love, Joanne

Diane said...

I hope everyone has recovered and you are all doing great!