Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

Once a local Utah bank had a comercial that ended with a shot of a little girl dancing on stage. The shot lasted about one second, if that. My sister Elizabeth used to make fun of me because without fail, when that add came on my eyes were glued to the screen and I teared up.

Now I can't say it was particularly good advertising, since I have no idea which bank it was, but it definitely struck a cord in me. What can I say? I'm a sucker. Lately, GK and I have seen some of the stupider Christmas specials. Yep. I'm a sucker. No matter how much I make fun of them... at some point, the tears well up in my eyes and I try to hold on a little tighter to GK, and Reggie doesn't bother me quite as much (even when he tries to chew open the Christmas presents under the tree).

Anyway, Merry Christmas a day late. We'll add some Christmas details soon.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Last week I had a flashback to last year's Christmas program in Capitol Hill. The kids were chattering away and had become a bit antsy, until GK stepped to the podium and soothingly said: "Boys and girls." It seemed like every kid's head immediately swiveled towards GK and stayed fixated on him for the duration of the story, I think about oranges. It was rad, he was like a snake charmer. Except for with kids instead of cobras.